JINR Veksler and Baldin Laboratory of High Energy Physics

Veksler and Baldin Laboratory of High Energy Physics of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research was established in 1956 to make research in the field of relativistic physics. The first most powerfull accelerator Synchrophasotron was built in the laboratory in 1957 and the first accelerator based on the superconducting magnets techology Nuclotron was built in 1993. Nowadays collider NICA (the third high energy collider in the world) is being built.


Official page: http://lhep.jinr.ru/